Rare Hare F.A.I.R. (Fostering Artistic Ingenuity w/Recycling)
An important and special feature of the Rare Hare Studio is the integration of recycled items into the creative process whenever possible.Rare Hare F.A.I.R (Fostering Artistic Ingenuity with Recycling) courses increase environmental awareness by turning normally discarded items that impactSan Diego landfills into functional and creative projects.In doing so, children gain an awareness of how their own ability to express themselves can be interconnected with their community and can impact the larger world around them.
Rare Hare Studio graciously accepts clean recyclables; pleases see our Donations List below our events to see how you can help. Contact us for to schedule a drop-off or pick-up appointment.
Art classes and projects involving Rare Hare F.A.I.R. might include:
- Collage with recycled wrapping paper/cards/magazines and other donated 2-D media
- Tube Design: Turning recycled cardboard tubes into wall hangings, castles, mobiles, and more!
- Sculpture with Scraps: Creating 3-D objects with wood scraps, coffee stirs, wine corks, spools, and other reclaimed items
- Textile Projects: Exploring weaving, sewing, appliqué, collage, fibers with fabric scraps, buttons, interior design samples, etc.
Community Events featuring Rare Hare F.A.I.R: For more infomation about these community events and our booth’s role, check out class schedule closer to event time
Art Walk in Little Italy-Spring, late April
North Park Festival-Spring, mid-May
Adams Avenue Street Fair-Fall, late September
Art Around Adams–Summer, early June
Rare Hare Studio thrives with your donations of clean recycled and reclaimed items. Help kids create and learn about recycling; Help the environment! You may have something that is not on this list that you wish to donate; send us email and we will see if we can take if….chances are we will!
- RIBBON, LOOSE OR SPOOLS
- WINE CORKS
- VEGETABLE OR FRUIT BAG NETTING
- CIRCULAR BOXES, SUCH A BRIE BOXES
- FABRIC SCRAPS, FABRIC SAMPLE BOOKS
- SMALL WOOD SCRAPS
- SHINY/METALLIC SCRAPS
- BEADS OR JEWELRY SCRAPS
- MAT BOARD
- PAPER, PLAIN OR PATTERNED
- THREAD SPOOLS
- CARDBOARD TUBES (no toilet paper tubes at this time)
- TIN CYLINDERS
- ART SUPPLIES, SCRAP BOOKING SUPPLIES,
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINE, ZOO NEWS-in great demand!
- INTERESTING ITEMS COLLECTED OR SAVED FROM NATURE; DRIFTWOOD, BEACH GLASS, SEED PODS, ETC.
- 3-D LETTERS OR NUMBERS
- SMALL CHAIRS OR TABLES MADE FROM WOOD
- TILE, FORMICA, OR OTHER DESIGNER SAMPLES
- MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS-CALL TO CHECK IF NEEDED
Contact us about a drop-off or pick-up appointment for you donation. Email: email@example.com or call 619-795-0013.
Sub Pages Found